Laurie Prochnow, started her career at Management Recruiters of Wausau as a recruiter specializing in AS/400 placements. She won many awards and recognition for her success. Laurie assumed ownership of the office in 1994.
As owner and manager, she is continually developing a great team to serve the needs of clients and candidates. She is committed to becoming the most valued and trusted resource for finding the individuals who will add value to client organizations; to providing her people with the resources and motivation they need to be the best they can be; and to treating candidates with respect, honesty and professionalism.
Laurie actively works in industries besides managing the office. She focuses on the local marketplace, placing different types of positions. Here’s an example of some of her recent searches: CFO, Human Resources Director, Plant Controller, Engineering Supervisor, Payroll Specialist, Network Administrator, plus many more. Laurie wants to assist in building a strong local market.
Her other focus is the banking industry, which is the offices’ specialty. As a team they work from WI to CO. Currently, Laurie covers WI, KS, ND, SD, and CO. The majority of openings are in commercial and ag lending. Other key management positions include: President, Market President, and Manager of Lending.
Laurie likes empowering candidates to achieve their career goals and helping companies attract top talent.
Laurie recently moved back to Wausau to be closer to her grandchildren. Henry, Laurie’s husband, retired from his business ownership and they are looking forward to traveling the world.
- Wausau Rotary Club, Past President
- West Side Business Association – President, Board Member
- Past board member in charge of membership for the Association of Information Technology Professionals (AITP) in Central Wisconsin, Publicity Chairman for Regional Conference in 1998 for AITP
- Toastmasters International – Achieved Distinguished Toastmaster, the highest award in Toastmasters – State Finalist for Humorous Speech
- Wausau Area Chamber of Commerce – Member, Small Business Committee
- Wausau Rotary – Board Member, Past President
- Wausau West Side Business Association, Past President
- Rasmussen College Toastmasters Club – Co-Founder
- Marketing Degree from North Central Technical College
- Go on an Alaskan cruise
- Go back and visit Venice, Italy – more travel internationally
- Take some painting classes
- Laurie has 2 children: David and Betty
- Laurie and Henry love the grandkids – Tyler and Jason
- Laurie loves ballroom dancing
- Travel Destinations: historic locations and beaches (especially during long Wisconsin winters)
Since joining MRI-Wausau in 2007, Scott quickly established himself as one of the top banking recruiters with MRI. Scott’s area of focus is with community and regional banks specializing in Commercial & Agriculture Lending roles and Executive Management positions throughout the Midwest.
- 2014 “CSAM of the Year” finalist (1 of 4 finalists in MRI)
- Pacesetter Award (2008, 2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Account Executive of the Year – Wausau office (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- (CSAM) Certified Senior Account Manager since 2012: The highest rank awarded to recruiters at MRINetwork®, one of the world’s largest recruitment and search organization
He earned his Bachelor Degree from the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee in 2006. During this time Scott also served in the Wisconsin National Guard’s Cavalry Scouts for 4 years and 2 years in the Infantry. Scott was born and raised in Wausau, WI and continues to live in the Wausau Area with his wife and four sons.
- Graduated from University of Wisconsin – Milwaukee in 2006
- Served in the Infantry and as a Cavalry Scout in the Wisconsin National Guard from 1998-2004
- Retire in Tennessee or Colorado
- Visit Fuji, Ireland and Hawaii again (this time with the kids)
- Meet Secretary of Defense James Mattis
- 4 kids: all boys 11 and under
- Music: rock, outlaw country and punk
- TV Shows: Game of Thrones, Better Call Saul and Friday Night Lights
- Hobbies: hiking, fishing and traveling with family
Lori has been with Management Recruiters International (MRI) since 1995. Prior to joining MRI, she spent most of her career with a Fortune 500 food company in Green Bay, Wisconsin. The majority of her career with MRI has been spent recruiting in the banking and manufacturing industries. Currently she manages the office, provides technical assistance to staff, and researches the internet and social media to stay abreast of company news and to identify top talent. It gives her great satisfaction making a difference in a candidate’s life as well as enhancing their career. Lori has earned the Pacesetter Award, which is achieved by the top producers at MRI. Her husband’s job took them to MI, KY, and TX (where she started her career with MRI San Antonio). She valued the experience of living in different parts of the United States and gaining great friends in each state. They have been in the Wausau area since 2007.
- Go to the Kentucky Derby
- Go to the 4 major golf championships. 2 down (US Open and PGA Championship), 2 to go (Masters and British Open)
- Trip out West to see “real” mountains
- Born and raised in Green Bay, WI
- Avid Packer fan and shareholder
- Worked for four different MRI Offices: San Antonio, TX, Fort Worth-Arlington, TX, Louisville, KY & Wausau, WI
- Spending time with her husband, rescue cat Buddy, and family & friends
- Watching the Green Bay Packers
- Cooking, reading, and spending time outdoors
Brad was born and raised in Wausau and promptly returned to join the Management Recruiters of Wausau team after graduating from college in Madison. As an internet researcher, he makes sure that the account executives always have great candidates to contact for their positions. Along with maintaining the client database, Brad also manages MRI Wausau’s social media presence along with the website you’re currently looking at!
- B.S. in Strategic Communication from the UW-Madison School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Go to a Celtics game in Boston
- Go to a Metallica concert
- Go to a Nine Inch Nails concert
- He is the father of a wonderful orange tabby cat, Jasper
- He is an Eagle Scout
- He loves rock and metal music
- Foods: crab legs, cheesy potatoes and steak
- TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, House of Cards and Game of Thrones
- Hobbies: playing with Jasper, playing video games and hanging out with family and friends